C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 26
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The ___________ product did not meet the high standards of the luxury brand.
2. The colour of the fabric ___________ depending on the light conditions.
3. The loud party next door caused ___________ to the neighbours trying to sleep.
4. The engineer was able to ___________ the distance between the two points accurately.
5. We decided to ___________ tomorrow's meeting due to unforeseen circumstances.
6. The building's ___________ design blended seamlessly with its natural surroundings.
7. The new legislation aimed to ___________ the rights of all citizens.
8. The entrepreneur ___________ on developing a successful marketing strategy.