C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 25
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The ___________ destruction caused by the natural disaster left the community devastated.
2. The organisation sought to ___________ the public about the importance of environmental conservation.
- bring up
3. The sculpture was a(n) ___________ representation of the artist's vision and skill.
4. During the fasting period, the participants had to ___________ from eating any food.
5. The investigative reporter strived to ___________ the corruption within the government agency.
- cover up
6. The new software update aimed to ___________ the user experience.
7. He ___________ a lot of effort into organising the surprise party.
8. The project was ___________ by a team of experienced engineers.