C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 24
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The spa treatment left her feeling ___________ and refreshed.
2. The old castle was ___________ for many years until it was finally restored.
3. The ___________ growth of the plant was a testament to the gardener's attentive care.
4. The judge's role is to ___________ the principles of justice and fairness in every case.
5. The company's decision to ___________ important information from the unfair dismissal trial led to the judge criticising them.
6. The ___________ artefacts discovered at the site provided valuable insights into the past.
7. The politician's speech ___________ the importance of unity and cooperation.
8. The teacher asked students to ___________ between fact and opinion in the article.