C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 23
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. I watched in horror as the thief ___________ the window of the car and stole the purse inside.
2. The pristine landscape was ___________ by the destructive force of the hurricane.
3. The mediator helped the disputing neighbours ___________ the boundary issue.
4. They needed to study ___________ management in order to make better decisions with their investments.
5. The former leader decided to ___________ control of the organisation to focus on other ventures.
6. The teacher ___________ that all students complete their homework before the next class.
7. The company decided to ___________ the production of their outdated product line.
8. The athlete ___________ his pace during the race, eventually finishing in first place.