C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 22
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The accident was caused by a(n) ___________ mistake made by one of the engineers.
2. The public speaker was able to ___________ the audience with his engaging stories and insights.
3. The company invested in the ___________ of its customer service to increase satisfaction.
4. The bomb squad was called in to ___________ the explosive device found in the building.
5. After many failed attempts, they were finally ___________ in completing the task.
6. The observation ___________ provided a great vantage point to view the city below.
7. The coach aimed to ___________ his team to work harder and achieve their goals.
8. The vase fell off the shelf and ___________ into a million pieces.