C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 2
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. What angered me wasn't his resignation but the ___________ in which he did it.
2. If you can't make ___________ what's written, change the zoom level and it'll become clearer.
3. There's a ___________ range of issues that we need to discuss as soon as possible.
4. Despite being ___________ in the battle, the solider fought on and was awarded a medal for bravery.
5. The rain will ___________ for most of the morning, but we are expecting a brighter afternoon.
6. In the mating season, the male of the species calls out with a ___________ gu-gu sound.
7. Marie Curie, one of the best-known ___________ in working with radiation, died in 1934.
8. Deep sea oil exploration is a dirty and dangerous ___________.