C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 19
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. After discovering the mistake, the team worked quickly to ___________ the issue.
2. The start-up aimed to ___________ by creating a groundbreaking new technology for the renewable energy sector.
3. The teacher had to ___________ the student for his disrespectful behaviour.
4. The company's commitment to ___________ practices earned it a reputation as an industry leader.
5. The news of the accident reached her ___________, and she rushed to the hospital.
6. She listened carefully to the explanation, trying to ___________ the meaning of the unfamiliar term.
7. Despite facing challenges, the team ___________ with their work on the project.
- carried over
- carried out
- carried on
- carried off
8. The movie's ___________ plot twists kept viewers on the edge of their seats.