C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 18
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. You're looking so stressed Mike. You need to ___________ it easy.
2. A meteorite or comet ___________ is thought to have contributed to the dinosaurs' extinction.
3. Police ___________ with protestors who are trying to protect an ancient woodland from being destroyed.
4. Oh, that dress ___________ too much, Carol. I'd change it.
5. The ___________ of the report have yet to be analysed by the government so they can formulate new policies.
6. Alcohol ___________ has risen again among the young, according to a new report published today.
7. Have you decided whether you'll ___________ for our standard insurance or the premium policy?
8. You need to be more productive, Susan, and I mean that in ___________ of the hours you do here in the office.