C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 17
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Despite being such a ___________ visitor to Paris, Sam never bored of exploring it.
2. When choosing for this role, don't ___________ the talents of Brian, one of the best actors in the academy.
3. The taste is wrong. Add some more salt to it. That might ___________ the trick.
4. The director promised a broad and ___________ review to get to the bottom of why the scandal happened.
5. Engineers made a tiny ___________ to the fuel pump and the mission continued.
6. At ___________ like this, I like to remember my grandfather and how he used to play that old violin.
7. If you ___________ out this task successfully, it will help us enormously.
8. Large black ___________ of clouds moved over the area and before long, the rain had started.