C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 16
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Disaster ___________ on the fairground ride when one of the children released the safety bar.
2. Pesticides have meant that many butterflies ___________ to this area are no longer found.
3. The sacked teacher returned to the school and made ___________ with computer equipment worth thousands.
4. Even though the accused didn't ___________ out his threat, the victim was left terrified.
5. "It is only through the generous ___________ given to me by this college that I'm able to continue my work."
6. Great care must be taken with fireworks and similar devices that can ___________ injury.
a) bring up
7. The Dollar-Euro exchange rate has ___________ a lot throughout the year.
8. Many animals are endangered because humans have ___________ their usual habitat.