C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 15
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The Jersey is probably one of the most well-known ___________ of cow in the world.
2. Can you detect the ___________ taste of peach in that red wine?
3. Lack of vital vitamins and minerals can lead to a wide ___________ of illnesses and conditions.
4. Due to the fact you weren't listening, you understood ___________ nothing of what I said.
5. The rules and regulations were explained many times, but he has failed to ___________ them.
6. "I risked life and ___________ to save you and look at how ungrateful you are!" Charles shouted.
7. Do you even ___________ that you're whistling? It's really disturbing me.
8. Though the report is good, I don't think you do enough to ___________ the goals of it at the beginning.