C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 1
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Lance is ___________ knowledgeable on this subject.
2. I need a good explanation of all the costs ___________ in buying a new car.
3. There was a ___________ debate about the Middle East, then they moved to a vote.
4. The doctor told him to lose weight quickly or pay the ___________ later in life.
5. Jet lag causes problems with our ___________ clock.
6. This species of seagull is not a ___________ of the island, but will sometimes rest here a while.
7. Doesn't it ___________ you as strange that it's the middle of May and it's snowing?
8. I didn't stay behind because I wanted to, I did so because it was my ___________.