C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the English & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Key Word Transformations. Worksheet 24 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use between THREE and SIX words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Carol told Emma not to count on her help during the exams.
2. You need to come to terms with the possibility of not winning the competition.
3. I didn't use to like carrots when I was young but now I prepare them often.
4. The new marketing campaign led to an increase in sales.
5. Not until he showed them the award did his friends believe him.
6. Only after taking the medicine did she start to feel better.
7. I have no objection to you borrowing my car for the day.
8. Were it not for Kevin's temper, this conflict wouldn't have happened.