C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the English & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Key Word Transformations. Worksheet 22 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use between THREE and SIX words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Having your eyesight checked regularly is really important.
2. Although the novel was due to be published in spring, unforeseen circumstances caused a delay.
3. Please keep what I told you about Peter to yourself.
4. Only after losing the document did she understand its importance.
5. The room without a sea view costs a lot less than the one with.
6. Her lack of formal training didn't prevent her from becoming a successful chef.
7. My dog would chew on my shoes in the garden.
8. They did their best to complete the project on time.