C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the English & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Key Word Transformations. Worksheet 21 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use between THREE and SIX words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. He would go to the party only if his best friend also went.
2. This cookery book is the least interesting one I've ever read.
3. It's highly likely that this movie will win an award.
4. Sasha broke down crying when she heard the bad news.
5. Sophie was on the point of leaving the shop when her cousin showed up.
6. The employee of the month will be awarded a bonus.
7. She had a strong urge to visit the new art exhibition.
8. There is very little chance of Sarah getting the job.