C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the English & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Key Word Transformations. Worksheet 17 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use between THREE and SIX words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. This story is not as interesting as the others.
2. An ancient philosopher is known to have written these texts.
3. Such was the heavy traffic that I arrived late.
4. I wonder if Becky is thinking of leaving her job.
5. I am not going to put up with this noise from the neighbours anymore, said Carol.
6. He needs to make up his mind whether to join the team or not.
7. Only at the last minute did he start the project.
8. There is an expectation that the company will improve its policies.