C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the English & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Key Word Transformations. Worksheet 16 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use between THREE and SIX words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. This old bridge is likely to be demolished due to safety concerns.
2. I'm on the point of giving this job up because it's too stressful.
3. John objected to the way he had been treated.
4. Not until he apologised did she start talking to him again.
5. The company is accused of exploiting its workers.
6. The moment he arrived, he called me.
7. He had his wallet taken by someone at the party.
8. Itís high time Jane made up her mind whether to take the job or not.