C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the English & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Key Word Transformations. Worksheet 15 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use between THREE and SIX words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. If you had told the truth from the beginning, it would've been better.
2. He won't get the job if he doesn't improve his attitude.
3. It has been five years since I visited this city.
4. If we had had enough money, we would have gone on the trip.
5. Who came up with this incredible device?
6. Only when it got dark did they realise they were lost.
7. You must take care not to make any mistakes.
8. The sign said that the museum was closed because it was being renovated.