C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the English & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Key Word Transformations. Worksheet 13 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use between THREE and SIX words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. She promised to keep an eye on my plants while I was away.
2. Despite being rich, he lived a simple life.
3. Since she had already read the book, she wasn't surprised by the plot twist.
4. I spent over an hour waiting here for your brother.
5. The new roadworks resulted in many cars being damaged.
6. No matter how challenging the tasks were, my supervisor always supported me.
7. I sometimes wonder if my old teachers remember me.
8. My old car was nowhere near as fast as this one.