C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the English & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Key Word Transformations. Worksheet 10
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use between THREE and SIX words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Jenny isn't a bad accountant, but I don't think it is a very suitable occupation for her.
I just don't think Jenny __________________________ an accountant.
2. Don't you think insurance is getting very costly these days?
Don't you think the __________________________ higher and higher these days?
3. We had no problems at all during our holiday in Turkey.
Everything __________________________ during our holiday in Turkey.
4. It's possible Clare phoned while we were out.
Clare __________________________ while we were out.
5. Our class has won the History Quiz for the third year running.
For the __________________________, our class has won the History Quiz.
6. The thunderstorm brought their tennis match to an abrupt end.
They had to __________________________ because of the thunderstorm.
7. What used to be my workplace is now a Thai restaurant.
My old workplace __________________________ Thai restaurant.
8. I don't mind at all if you film my wedding speech.
I have __________________________ my wedding speech.