The following sentences are from the United States Department of Agriculture web site. Select the word or words that best complete the sentence.
1. U.S. aquacultural production comprises ______ food fish, ornamental fish, baitfish, mollusks, crustaceans, aquatic plants, algae, and some reptiles.
the production of
2. _______ are grown in a wide variety of climates.
Such an organism
3. ______ are grown in open freshwater ponds.
4. The United States is one of ______ largest exporters of seafood products.
5. ______ is one of the most important textile fibers in the world.
6. Since 1990, per capita consumption of ______ has held steady.
the fresh fruits and vegetables
a fresh fruit and vegetable
fresh fruits and vegetables
fresh fruit and vegetable
7. ______, such as Chile and Peru, are dominant suppliers to the U.S. market.
8. _____ in the source of irrigation water play a major role in how vulnerable different crops are to shortfalls in surface water supplies.
9. Crops such as rice, cotton, and _____ depend heavily on off-farm surface water.
10. Farms that use ______ of gravity irrigation are the most able to limit evaporation losses during the drought.
a least amount
a least amounts
the least amount
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email