Choose the word or words that best complete the sentence.
1. My sister ______.
hasn't no money
is having no money
has no money
2. The yoga instructor speaks so quietly that ______.
we can't hardly hear her
we can never hardly hear her
we can hardly hear her
3. I can't lend you my umbrella. ______, and I need it.
I haven't but one
I have but one
I never haven't but one
4. His mother ______ started to speak, when he interrupted her.
5. No teacher ______ told me that I had potential.
6. Nobody ______ say that I don't work out every day.
7. The bakery is almost out of bread. There ______ only one loaf on the shelf.
8. They ______ leaflets to hand out.
didn't have no more
didn't have but one
didn't have any more
9. We ______ stand the smell of the rotting fish.
could never scarcely
10. ______ eat with your mouth open.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email