For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. No-one knows what happened to the manager but he believed to have run off with all the company's money and gone to live in South America.
2. I see the book you are looking for, I'll get it.
3. When he was alive, my grandfather take us down to the nearby lake every Sunday to feed the ducks and swans there.
4. We made about two million dollars last month but a third that total will be spent on taxes.
5. Unless you begin to study hard immediately, there is a good chance failure in your exams this summer.
6. Tonight's play off match is unlikely to place due to rain and high winds. League officials say they will try again tomorrow evening.
7. You have to try and relax more Sheila. You're stressed out that it is starting to affect your health.
8. By the time the Apollo landings finished, NASA sent several men to the lunar surface.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email