For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. They offered $110,000 for the house even though it is clearly worth well $140,000.
2. Did you know your fire exit is use as a delivery entrance? That is against state regulations.
3. The dodo was a very unfortunate bird. It was too trusting of man and, of course, couldn't fly, so was an easy target for hunters.
4. How could you blame me like that? other person would have been happy to have a friend like me. You are so unfair!
5. As as prices are concerned, this part of the old town can prove to be a little more expensive but it is worth a visit nevertheless.
6. The time of the accident is known at this time but investigations will continue.
7. Einstein published his theories in 1905, even great scientists had great difficulty explaining some of the fundamental properties of the universe.
8. I want this room looking spotless by 7 o'clock, like it not!
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email