For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. We got to the shop as early as possible but someone obviously arrived there before us. The last copy of the book was gone!
2. What a gorgeous apartment you live in, Cathy! You have very original taste furniture.
3. My husband and I just got back from a week in that mountain spa you recommended. It us the world of good!
4. The company is very profitable even though it was only set three years ago.
5. All passengers in a car to wear seat-belts in the UK.
6. We don't know yet how successful the company will be this year. A lot depends how our sales go in Asia.
7. If you see Mr. Gordon, can you tell we need to speak as soon as possible.
8. It was an awful experience having to talk in front of the whole school such a long time.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email