For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. When I arrived at the office and saw the boss in such a bad mood, I knew it was to be a bad day for everyone.
2. Although Herman Tullock's book only came a week ago, it has already been surrounded by controversy.
3. I am not angry at you because you failed the exam but because I don't think you tried your best. Sometimes, it seems as though you don't even an effort and would prefer to ride around the neighborhood on your bike!
4. For the first few weeks, you have to do simple jobs such as photocopying and typing. Then, when you are used the office, there will be other things you can do.
5. After arriving at the airport, come out of the main doors and you will see pedestrian walkway above you. I will meet you there.
6. I wish you wouldn't make so many stories. I never know when to believe you!
7. You have come to work today. Didn't you know it was a holiday?
8. We are meeting at 6pm at Tony's house and then leaving for the theatre an hour .
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email