For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. " doubt you're wondering where I got all that extra money from," Jason said with a glint in his eye.
2. The shopping mall owners are furious at the ease which the thieves entered the building.
3. I couldn't understand why my boss was talking about Hannah. What did she have to with anything? We didn't even work together.
4. Crystal skulls are very beautiful objects and, say, possess great powers.
5. I know your father told you that I never liked you as a child. This, , was a lie. You must know the truth!
6. The stricken company needs to lay off up to one thousand workers, sell some of its more valuable property and find financial safety only by securing further bank loans.
7. I visited the embassy and asked to speak to the person in of registering marriages and deaths.
8. The new headquarters of the bank, facade facing the mighty river, will open next June and over a thousand employees will work inside.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email