For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. the months pass, the temperatures drop and eventually, the male and female birds take off and head south.
2. The bookstore, after a long history of poor sales, is doing well. Thanks to a new advertising campaign, never before so many customers bought books there.
3. "You're no a charitable person than I am!" Casey shouted at her former best friend. "You're just selfish!"
4. of the precise make of computer you choose, it must be capable of connecting to the internet.
5. Clark used to be an active person. days, with bad arthritis, he's almost house bound.
6. In the garden lay John's carpet, more dirt than blue, he'd thrown away in a fit of anger the previous evening.
7. Ken's easy going nature and generosity it very easy for people to like him. He was immensely popular.
8. The whole family, with the notable of the youngest son, arrived for the reunion at the Italian restaurant.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email