For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. Don't move that bit of wood, John. It's acting a barrier to the water that will come down there.
2. Aunt Anna is very close to me, almost an elder sister to me.
3. Police visited the address late last night and possession of the new car, whose ownership is disputed.
4. I don't understand what you're saying. Maybe I'm confused, but I don't get it. I don't get it at .
5. His personal assistant was held in very high regard, not so for the work she did, but for her happy attitude that brightened up the office.
6. I don't like this jazz music, mom. Put on different.
7. When I think of Easter, my mind conjures images of a large chocolate rabbit that my dog, Scotty, ate on Easter Sunday many years ago.
8. After today's rail crash, the local police said they would help with the investigation into happened.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email