For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. The suspect have been at home until at least 9pm last night. We have proof of at least two phone calls made from the house yesterday evening. Then we have no trace of him.
2. If you are driving in the mountains, exercise great caution. In the of snow, fix chains to your tyres.
3. The Japanese are often thought as being hard working and good at teamwork.
4. Why are you looking for your mobile telephone there? In probability, you've left it at work!
5. No sooner did the restaurant open its doors the fire alarm went off.
6. Only when I sent them the original invoice they send me a refund.
7. Although I feel confident about the coming year, I do feel very wary over confidence.
8. He hasn't won a match for three months but is well capable causing a surprise this evening.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email