Cambridge B1 Preliminary
B1 Preliminary - Reading Matching Exercise 8
Below, you will find descriptions of five people who want to find a good English school, and descriptions of eight English schools. Decide which school would be the most suitable for the people below.
For each question, write the correct letter after each name.
1. Tom is an aspiring journalist who's interested in improving his journalistic English skills. He's particularly keen on writing in English more effectively and clearly.
2. Haruki is an advanced English learner who's looking to refine his language skills. He's interested in public speaking and debating in English.
3. Lola is a high school student interested in British literature and academia. She wants to learn English in a school with a low teacher-student ratio for personalised attention.
4. Juan wants to travel around the UK after his English course. He's particularly interested in learning English through unconventional, fun methods.
5. Julia is a business professional who will be transferred to her company's London branch next month. She wants to improve her English proficiency and understand British culture more thoroughly before the move.
A. 'Global English Online': This is an online English school that provides flexible English learning solutions. From grammar to vocabulary, our courses cover every aspect of the language and include interactive exercises for efficient learning.
B. 'Cambridge Press School': This school specialises in journalistic English, helping aspiring journalists to improve their English writing skills effectively. We provide personalised feedback and also conduct workshops to expose students to different writing styles.
C. 'Oxford Debate Club': This institute provides advanced English courses with a focus on public speaking and debate. We encourage students to actively engage in classroom discussions, helping them to articulate their thoughts confidently in English.
D. 'Shakespeare's School': Located in the heart of England, our school emphasises the study of English literature and academic English. We maintain small class sizes to ensure that every student receives individual attention from our expert teachers.
E. 'Travel and Learn English': Our unique English learning approach includes teaching English through fun activities like watching English movies. We also have a special course for travellers to help them communicate effectively during their travels.
F. 'English Culture School': We offer a comprehensive programme teaching English alongside British cultural studies. Regular visits to local attractions and landmarks are part of the curriculum, ensuring that students get an immersive cultural experience.
G. 'Intensive English Lab': Our school offers intensive English courses for all levels. Our advanced courses are designed for students aiming for fluency, while our beginner courses provide a supportive start for newcomers to the language.
H. 'London Business English': Our school provides comprehensive business English courses, incorporating relevant British cultural elements to prepare professionals for their career in the UK. We also arrange homestays with local families for a complete British experience.