You will hear a story about a shipwreck. Choose the best answer for each question.
Your browser does not support playing embedded audio.
Click here for the mp3 listening file.
If the audio player above doesn't work, click here to download the audio file.
1. What were the men at the beginning of the story looking out for?
another ship close by
the lights of a port
2. Why did the ship hit the rocks?
the ship hadn't seen the real lighthouse
the captain was missing from the bridge
the rocks were in a strange position
the storm blew it onto them
3. Why was Hazell Head so dangerous?
it was a headland with dangerous rocks
pirates operated in the area
the lighthouse wasn't working properly
it always had bad weather
4. What was Simon's attitude towards his grandfather?
5. Why did the grandson keep questioning Daniel Perrin?
he was fascinated by the wrecking stories
he knew his grandfather kept lying
he couldn't believe his grandfather had done such terrible things
he kept forgetting what he was told
6. Why did the men wait two years to return to Hazell Head?
it was risky
the weather hadn't been bad enough
other places were better
they felt guilty
7. Why did the ship not hit the rocks?
it was a ghost ship
it saw them at the last minute
the waves carried the ship over them
the moon came out
8. Why did the wreckers not like the moon?
it allowed ships to see the land
the police would see them
it ruined their night vision
for old, superstitious reasons
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email