Read the news report, choose the correct verb form and write it in the box.
1. Millions of dollars' worth of damage has been caused by a storm which (swept/was swept) across the north of the United States last night.
2. The River Reiner (burst/was burst) its banks after heavy rain.
3. Many people (rescued/were rescued) from the floods by fire-fighters.
4. Firefighters (received/were received) hundreds of calls for help.
5. Wind speeds (reached/were reached) ninety miles an hour in some places.
6. Roads (blocked/were blocked) by fallen trees.
7. Electricity lines (brought/were brought) down, leaving thousands of homes without electricity.
8. "Everything possible (is doing/is being done) to get things back to normal," a spokesman said.
9. One young girl (took/was taken) to hospital after she broke her leg.
10. She has now (sent/been sent) home.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email