Choosing House Plants, Gapped Text Exercise
In the following text, five sentences or parts of sentences have been removed. Above the extract you will find the five removed sentences PLUS one sentence which doesn't fit. Choose from the sentences (A-F) the one which fits each gap (1-5). Remember, there is one extra sentence you do not need to use. Write the correct letter in the box.
Choose from the following sentences to fill the spaces in the text. There is one extra.
- Later, choice widens with experience; skillful amateurs can deal with almost any plant, no matter how delicate.
- This extra effort will be repaid many times over.
- Some plants do, however, prefer a dry atmosphere.
- Temperatures are mainly a winter problem.
- They can be moved around to alter the background completely.
- This is one reason that so many popular house plants are green, for this color blends so well with all other colors.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email