For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. It's something of a mystery how ancient bridge builders succeeded spanning this wide river.
2. Are you sure you want to go on holiday to that part of the world, considering all the problems are right now?
3. Life hasn't been found on any planet in the solar system, from our own.
4. The city of Istanbul in Turkey was known Constantinople until the early 20th century.
5. In to a company car and large annual bonuses, we are also offering help in finding a new house.
6. The difficulty with he managed to speak showed how upset he was.
7. I love Lebanese food but what's the country itself ? Tell me about the weather, for example.
8. deep is that river? Do you think we'll need a boat to cross it?
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email