For each of the following sentences, choose either "used to" or "would". If both are possible, use "would".
1. Do you remember how your Uncle David sit in that chair and smoke those disgusting cigars.
2. Your mother have a Yorkshire Terrier when she was a young girl, didn't she?
3. For years, they go on holiday to the Rockies, but then it became very fashionable and, hence, expensive.
4. Years ago, I write a diary every day but then I got bored with doing it and I stopped. Maybe it was my life that was boring!
5. At the start of their marriage, they be very happy - but then it all went wrong!
6. You spell so well. Whatever happened?
7. When I was five, I be able to do incredible gymnastics. Now I can't even touch my toes.
8. Before getting my driving licence, I ride a bicycle everywhere.
The English Learning Lounge - our new iPhone/iPad App. Free! More Information | Download Now.
Get information about great new exercises and quizzes like this one. Sign up for our newsletter today.