Level 4: Upper Intermediate >> Vocabulary Worksheets >> General upper intermediate vocabulary with quite a lot of legal and education vocabulary.
Here are some example answers.
- It's good to _SQUEEZE__ a lemon to see if it's fresh.
- The noise from his stereo is absolutely _DEAFENING__.
- Sea water is too _SALTY_ to drink.
- Smoking normally gives you a _COUGH__.
- The train _SHUDDERED/SCREECHED__ to a stop ten metres from the destroyed bridge.
- She held her broken finger and sat in the corner quietly _SOBBING_.
- "It's you!!!!," she _SHRIEKED/SCREAMED__ when she saw her son for the first time in over ten years.
- I'll meet you in the school __REFECTORY/CANTEEN__ and we can have something to eat.
- The whole school always meets in the __HALL/ASSEMBLY HALL__ at nine in the morning.
- The crime of _TRESPASS__ is when you go onto private property without permission.
- His house burnt down and then we found out he'd committed _ARSON__ on his own house for the insurance money!!
- If you steal from a shop, that's _SHOPLIFTING__, but _BURGLARY_ is stealing from a house.
- I haven't got any money to pay for _BAIL_ so I have to stay in the police station.
- The main __SUSPECT___ in the case was an old woman who had hated the victim but the police couldn't __PROVE__ anything.
- He is not a senior judge, just a __MAGISTRATE__.
- The police didn't trust him so they kept him in __CUSTODY__.
- The OJ Simpson _TRIAL__ lasted about four months.