Level 5: Advanced >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> A phrasal verb worksheet in which students complete sentences by writing the correct phrasal verb in each space. For this one, the verbs win, wait and wear are included.
Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet W-Z
Complete this exercise by choosing one of the phrasal verbs given in the box below. Each phrasal verb is used one time. Sometimes, you must use a pronoun between the main verb and the particle. If this is the case, the required pronoun can be found in brackets after the space.
Remember the tenses!
1. When their son hadn't arrived home by 3am, they decided not to _________________ for him any longer.
2. Don't _________________ on this company now that it is just starting to make some money for the first time.
3. David is really a difficult person to speak to at first, but then inevitably, you start _________________ him.
4. The paint is too thick for the picture you are trying to do. But you can _________________ (it) a little to make it more liquidy.
5. The more this vacation _______________, the more I realise that I would love to buy a house and live here.
6. It _________________ my mind every day that it was me that was responsible for the accident.
7. After their argument, Daniel tried to _________________ his girlfriend by buying her some flowers.
8. Winning the lottery would allow me to _________________ all my debts in one go.
9. Hitchcock always managed to _________________ scenes with him in into his films.
10. I can't be bothered to go to the gym three times a week just to _______________. I prefer to jog for ten minutes every day.