Present Perfect Simple and Continuous
For each sentence, choose the best form, either Present Perfect Simple or Present Perfect Continuous.
1. I've been cleaning/cleaned this room all morning and now I'm exhausted!
2. Hurry up Jane! You've only finished/been finishing two questions and we have to write the answers to five.
3. Tony has lived/been living with his uncle recently while he looks for a new apartment.
4. I've been learning/learnt English for over twelve years now.
5. That's a really nice watch you have Greg. How long have you had it/been having it?
6. My local hockey team are an embarrassment to everyone. The season finishes in two weeks and they haven't won/haven't been winning a single game!!
7. Ouch! I've cut/been cutting my finger with that terrible knife again!
8. Sorry to arrive looking so untidy. I've been running/run as I missed the bus.
9. You know your dinner is in half an hour. How many of those chocolates have you eaten/been eating?
10. I've been finishing/finished writing my first novel at last. It should be published in the summer.
11. John has been phoning/phoned all morning. He really must need to speak to you!
12. I've visited/been visiting Russia every year since I was six. It's such a beautiful country.
13. I've visited/been visiting Russia twice in my life.