Most Suitable Word Multiple Choice Worksheet 14
Fill in the gap with the most appropriate word from the three choices provided.
1. Many women have started wearing long skirts. It's the new ______.
2. After he stopped exercising, his mental and physical health ______ . His doctor was worried about him.
3. It is cold outside; ______, it is raining. Let's not walk the dog.
4. The speaker's conclusion was so controversial that it ______ a heated discussion.
5. The critic ______ that the performance was boring.
6. Frequent absences from work could be ______ of too much stress.
- a form
- pointing to
- an indication
7. In the event of a hurricane, outdoor furniture should be ______ or brought indoors.
8. Leading the orchestra is not the conductor's only ______.