Most Suitable Word Multiple Choice Worksheet 11
Fill in the gap with the most appropriate word from the three choices provided.
1. Nuclear physicists study the ______ of atomic nuclei.
2. When Mt. Vesuvius, an active volcano, ______, Naples may be endangered.
3. Millions died during the 1932 - 1933 ______ in the former Soviet Union.
4. After 24 hours of steady rain, the weather service issued a flash _____ warning for parts of the state.
5. To climb Mt. Everest it takes not only skill, physical conditioning, and proper equipment, but also ______.
6. The car swerved, broke through the guard rail, and ______ into the ravine.
7. As the dam broke, the destructive power of tons of water was ______.
- held back
8. One should be ______ when faced with changed circumstances.