Verbs & Adverbs Multiple Choice Worksheet
Choose the word or words that best complete the sentence.
1. Despite the warning sign, the boy ______ off the pier.
- is diving
2. We were so thirsty that we ______ all the soda.
- are drinking
3. Have you seen the new movie? I ______ it last week.
- have seen it
4. The accountant ______ to prepare the company's tax filing.
- has began
- has begun
5. They ______ across the river many times.
- have swum
- have swam
- are swimming
6. How many times have you ______ your trousers?
7. Joshua Bell plays the violin ______.
- very good
8. However, I play the violin ______.
9. Today I feel ______ enough to stay in bed.
- more badly
10. Sara looked so ______ yesterday.
- more sadly