Parallel Structures Multiple Choice Worksheet
Select the grammatically correct sentence for each question.
1. In this climate, farmers grow stone fruits such as ______.
- peach, apricot, plum
- peaches, apricots, and plums
- peaches, apricots, a plum
2. They like feeding and brushing the dog, but they don't like ______.
- to walk it
- walking it
- they walk it
3. The legislation neither resolves the financial crisis nor ______ consumers.
- is helping
- has helped
4. The library offers not only books to read but also _____.
- computers to use
- using computers
5. One needs nothing else other than books, ______, and food.
- having a friend
- having friends
6. Lincoln was born in Kentucky and ______ in Illinois before he was elected President.
- was living
- had lived
7. Students must conduct their laboratory experiments accurately and ______.
- in a safe manner
- with safety
8. It takes one hour or more to drive to the city depending on weather and ______.
- how much traffic there is
- if traffic is heavy
9. For the blood test to be accurate, you must not eat or ______ after midnight.
- be drinking
- to drink
10. Running, walking, and ______ are my favorite forms of exercise.
- to dance
- to go dancing