Out Of Place Words Multiple Choice Worksheet 1
Select the word or words in capital letters that are grammatically incorrect.
1. The ARTICLE clearly DESCRIBES the TAKE UP by the army and the RESULTING civil war.
- take up
2. She was INTRIGUED by the hermetic PRINCIPAL, "as above, so below," and VOWED to study it FURTHER.
3. Commuters have been COMPLAINING that there are VERY many UNNECESSARY stop signs on the HIGHWAY.
4. The HISTORICAL paintings in the MANSION were HANGED by PROFESSIONALS.
5. NEITHER my husband NOR my friends WANTS to attend the funeral WITH me.
6. If I WAS wealthy, I would DONATE to CHARITIES that help CHILDREN.
7. Everyone who IS going ON the hike SHOULD carry THEIR own lunch.
8. Jake is UNABLE to fly home IN the holidays BECAUSE the price of a round trip ticket is TOO expensive.
9. The police officers asked US not to touch NOTHING in the room UNTIL THEY searched it.
10. The dog and cat WERE LAYING on the bed WHEN Martha CAME home.