Comparatives & Modifiers Multiple Choice Worksheet 2
Select the word or words that best complete the sentence.
1. The tourist, ______ bag was stolen, filed a complaint with the local police.
2. The class voted Carla ______ succeed.
- the more likely to
- the most likely to
3. With a telescope, one can see the moon in ______ detail.
- most great
- more great
4. The express train bound for New Orleans is always ______ this time of year.
- more late
5. The wheat harvest is expected to be ______ as last year's harvest.
- half as much
- half less
6. Marianne, ______ is class president, will be leading the new student tour.
7. Invite as many friends as you like. The ______.
- most the best
- more is good
- more the better.
8. Electricians are in ______ demand than landscapers.
- more high
9. My cousin, to ______ I lent my car, owes me a favor.
10. If you step on a nail, you should get a tetanus shot ______ possible.
- so soon as
- as soon as
- as soon