For each question, choose the best word to fill the gap.
1. Hi Jane. I was wondering if you could ____ my cat for a few days while I am away on vacation.
2. John ____ me yesterday that he is getting married in the spring.
3. Do you think I could ____ $35 from you until next weekend?
4. This programme about the dinosaurs is very ____.
5. The dress looked horrible on her! ____, she still bought it.
6. If we don't run now, we will certainly ____ the last train.
7. I'm sorry Kathy! Can you repeat that? I didn't ____ what you said.
8. Because of the scandal, the politician was forced to ____.
9. I had an all-expenses-paid business ____ to Hong Kong last May. It was wonderful!
10. This spring, we are going to ____ a house up at the lakes. Do you want to join us?
11. The actors gave good, strong performances. Whoever wrote the _____ deserves to be sacked!
12. New York is found on the east ____ of the United States.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email