Look at these words that are often confused. For each question, choose the best word to fill the gap.
1. A thermometer is a ______ for measuring and indicating temperature.
2. The best amusement park rides should ______ screams of both fear and laughter.
3. ______ of you needs to listen very carefully to what I'm about to explain.
4. The ______ we get away from this place, the safer we will be.
5. When Sally returned home and tried on the dress that she had just ______, she decided that she didn't like it.
6. In order to get a clearer idea of what the public thought about the proposition, the team decided to ______ opinion in the town centre.
7. Sue and John decided to spend the rest of the evening together in front of the T.V to watch a ______ that they were both enjoying.
8. Burglar alarms work using ______ for movement and body heat.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email