Look at these words that are often confused. For each question, choose the best word to fill the gap.
1. When the traffic police stopped her she was ______ the speed limit by 30 miles per hour.
2. Thomas was already ______ at using a computer when he was just seven years old.
3. Thank you so much for the ______ you gave us for our visits. We enjoyed our holiday here and your suggestions were very helpful.
4. The poor weather will ______ the quality of the grapes this year, and thus the quality of the wine produced from the vines.
5. Should students be ______ to use their mobile phones in school?
6. A rainbow is an optical ______ so it doesn't in reality have an end.
7. By the end of the long summer holidays, the children were starting to get ______ and were even looking forward to going back to school.
8. It's a good idea to ______ your valuables with a good insurance company.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email