Fill in the gap with the most appropriate word from the three choices provided.
1. When I saw that your car was on the drive I made the ______ that you were at home.
2. I'm not sure that the information in this document is factual. The people who wrote it are as ______ as the rest of us.
3. She was a great history teacher and as she was a good ______ too, her students enjoyed hearing her telling stories about history.
4. The family had a rather ______ history. Many of it's descendants were morally base and mercenary.
5. The poor child looked hungry and weak. Her features were drawn and pinched and her complexion was ______.
6. Please don't bother me with these ______ matters that have little importance or value.
7. Americans ______ American democracy as a stellar model for the world.
8. Visibility was almost down to zero in the ______ water so the diver had to use his sense of touch to guide him.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email