Choose the correct word from the list of three words below, which is BEST suited for the word or expression in capital letters in each sentence:
1. It was the worst natural CATASTROPHE CAUSING GREAT LOSS OF LIFE AND DAMAGE to have hit the country in decades.
2. The OFFICIAL WHO SUPERVISES A GAME OR MATCH TO ENSURE THAT RULES ARE ADHERED TO, blew his whistle at the end of the first half.
3. She was impressed by his ability to CONDUCT ONESELF OR BEHAVE ONESELF IN A VERY POLITE MANNER.
4. The car fumes in the large and busy city CONTAMINATED WITH HARMFUL SUBSTANCES the air and rivers causing health problems amongst its inhabitants.
5. The French do not BRING INTO THE COUNTRY FROM ABROAD TO SELL a great quantity of foreign cheese.
6. He set up a business in Italy as a SOMEONE WHO BUYS AND SELLS GOODS in wines and spirits.
7. We are happy to GIVE A ROLE OR JOB TO you as our new marketing director.
8. I am going to BENEFIT from this sunshine and do some gardening.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email